Saturday, October 14, 2006

I'm an aunt, hopefully the "cool" one.



So, yes, as indicated by the title, my family has been extended. I am officially an aunt. My older sister gave birth to a little baby boy, Jackson Charles Ferguson on Sept.20th, 2006. This means that now, I am always going to be 30 years older than someone and with that comes various fears. I hope he likes me. I don't want to be that aunt that gives him slipper socks or self help books for Christmas or the aunt with a cat. I also don't want to be "that's my aunt who lives in Brazil and we never see". I guess I am not trying to be selfish and make this birth about me. But as the saying goes, "So, enough about me, what do you think about me?". I am kidding, really. This is a huge event in our family. A new member to have to buy gifts for. Nah, it's a landmark event. He could possibly act like me a bit or even look like me. The thought! My sister commented on the phone the other day that he made a face like me. I asked her if he was rolling his eyes. I can't wait to meet him. He looks thoroughly thrilled to meet me....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home