Friday, October 20, 2006

Enough about Christmas already....


Christmas sucks as is because of the obvious stress is causes someone like me with a large family. But it sucks even worse that it's brought up in early October and sometimes even earlier than that. There are already riots for the new TMX Elmo which is proported to be the hot xmas item for kids this season. I just want to lay it out there that all the Christmas zealots can shut the fuck up already and let the rest of us enjoy Halloween, fall leaves, and anticipating Turkey Day without the impending "over commercialization" of the Christmas season in our faces so early. Little Jimmy will have to wait just like the rest of us for his xbox 360 or whatever. I'm mad as hell and I am not going to take it anymore. Many say I am a Scrooge, but I am not against giving and the appropriate "glee" surrounding Christmas. I am against the social stress brought on so early to venture out to the malls and the Christmas anxiety that is created with pundits on TV and radio advertising the "new hot item" that everyone must have. Let it rest, I just want to survive the obnoxious trick or treaters at my door next week. One at a time, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home