Friday, December 15, 2006

Funny things I saw or heard today at the 2006 Apartment Association Annual Christmas Luncheon

1) "I've seen enough vagina for today..." Yes, it's true, I actually heard this today by another woman I met at this "luncheon" and if you want the full story you have to ask me personally.

Update: This manager of a very respected, expensive apartment community was extremely drunk at the after party and proceeded to show us her lady "business" inadvertantly as we sat near by. After it was brought to her attention, she proceeded to do it again and again. Not to mention, her black wrap dress was falling off of her and she was extremely cozy with my boss, Rebecca. Uncomfortable! I always feel embarrassed for people and this took the proverbial "cake". I crossed her assistant in the hallway on her way out and her response to me saying, "leaving so soon?" was the previous comment. Needless to say, the inappropriate woman mentioned above will live in shame for quite a while.

2) The worst hairstyles I have ever seen. It appeared these women were reliving the Melanie Griffith "Working Woman" pompadour. Yikes.

3) Flashback to 1989 and it was here. Leggings, lots of leggings. Jeeeeez, did these people just come out of a vault or what? I felt like I was in a time-warp.

4) The worst comedian I have ever heard. If I had a dollar for every child support joke he made...I'd be, well, wearing better shoes. Did I mention this was an Apartment Association luncheon I was forced to go to?!

5) I mentioned bad hair, but I didn't mention a lot of alcoholics apparently run property management companies? Fucking crazies, I tell you.

6) I actually helped a motorized wheel chair lady into a bathroom stall. She mentioned it was a new wheel chair and she still was learning the functions. I can't exactly just let someone struggle, but I must say, I felt pretty good doing this for someone. Especially since I was only in the restroom looking for my cell phone to begin with. I scored serious "karmic" points.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home