Sunday, November 12, 2006

Another shock in the entertainment world


http://people.aol.com/people/article/0,26334,1554852,00.html

That's right folks, Neil Patrick Harris (Formerly Doogie Howser, M.D. and now the over-sexed "player" Barney on How I Met Your Mother) has recently come out of the closet. Now, I know most people might not be SHOCKED by this news. It goes to show you I watch entirely too much TV because I see this as irony at its finest. What? I'll explain.

On How I Met Your Mother (actually, quite a funny show) his character epitomizes misogyny and male-chauvinism while notching his bed-post with the majority of the women that frequent their local, ficticious bar setting the scene for most episodes. His MO on the show is one-upping his male counterparts with his recent sexual conquests and soliciting advice on how to bed the most women with emphasis on how one can ditch them pretty much right after "climax". It's his "shtick" on just about every episode. Talk about masking your off-air proclivities.

Now, I am not saying because you are gay you have to play gay on TV like Ellen or "Jack" of Will and Grace. I am just saying that he did a good job of fooling me. And, who cares? Well, A lot of people apparently. Recently, there was a "scuffle" on the set of Grey's Anatomy between Patrick Demsey and Isaiah Washington because of a homosexual slur made on set right after T.J. Knight (George) had come out. Yeah, bad move Isaiah. At least, that's what People magazine reported and they aren't exactly a beacon of truth in journalism. But, hey, I do find that they are generally accurate. Bottom line, it's nobody and everybody's business all the same thanks to the tabloids. I was kinda surprised, frankly, about Doogie coming out while there wasn't any speculation otherwise. More power to him for doing so without the media having to dig through his trash or follow him around first. Nice pre-emptive strike. He still plays a mean, womanizing, man-whore though.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

I like How I Met Your Mother! I too thought it was kind of ironic that he plays such a man-whore. But in a way it probably makes sense because I don't think he's a good enough actor to fake actual chemistry with a woman...and I thought that TR Knight coming out totally explained George's lack of chemistry with Callie! (Not to mention Meredith!)

9:48 PM

 
Blogger Jane said...

P.S. Does he have an ENORMOUS forehead or what?!?

11:15 AM

 
Blogger Trish said...

yeah, i thought the same..huge forehead!

11:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home