Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy V-Day

Little photo I took of my favorite food, M&M's. Although, I must say, they look positively ridiculous in all reddish hues. Well, except for the white ones. But, I just fancy the green ones. Not because they personified the green M&M into a horny female character on TV but because it's my most favored color and the least represented in the bag. I like the under-dog quality. No one likes the brown ones. It's like little poops in a bag. gross. Remember when they had both dark and light brown M&M's? That was thoroughly diverse of the Mars Company or whoever created M&M's. I remember when the red ones were said to be "cancerous". Yikes, don't eat the red ones kids! I remember when I saw the blue one for the first time. "Um, I don't want to eat anything blue". I think the evolution of the M&M is quite fascinating and the impetus for this photo. M&M's have grown up with me, or is it the converse? Whatever. I remember, my mom bribing my twin sister and I while we were being potty trained with M&M's if we were successful. I think there is even a photo of us on our respective, wooden potty chairs with candy in our hands. Yes, wooden, it was the 70's, gimme a break. Those were the days. I think perhaps that's why I can't pee in public; my mom isn't there dangling green M&M's in front of me. Well, there are other reasons, like the fact that public bathrooms are tile cloaked germ farms, but that's beside the point. Anyway, this is my ode to the luscious candy, the M&M. You get me through a movie and warm my sadness during an episode of ER. Thank you and Happy Valentine's Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home