Thursday, November 09, 2006

Ok...Enough is enough

With the election over, I must admit, I am exhausted from this one. The conversations, the banter and the analysis took its toll on me. I like to give my opinions but at my office several folks were extremely heated. One such person was trying very hard to suck me into the conversation and at one point I felt she was getting pleasure out of instigating others. I walked down the stairs to make a bunch of copies and was immediately asked about my stance on helping the homeless; when is it enough? I didn't particularly feel that by telling this person my beliefs would have done anything but waste time, so I quipped back some statistic I had heard and moved on.

About 4 other times throughout the day, I would pass the group talking around this same individual's desk. They were arguing not only about the recent change in Congress but the argument eventually escalated into a finger pointing, and who knows more about their respective party's platform. It became a cliche Republican vs Democrat pissing match. I chimed in briefly at one point on my way out the door, "pardon me, bleeding heart coming through". It was funny at first, but the "water-cooler politics" became tiring when it lasted virtually all day.

I love a good argument, but I think there should be a pause from talking politics in the wake of the election, if only for a moment. Especially at the office. I know, I might seem like a hypocrite because I was very aggressive in my previous post, but this is my blog, not my office. I'm going to pass out from all the adversarial attitudes. Put the political rhetoric to bed, at least for a little while. There's a time and a place. Sore losers will not get my attention anymore. If they want to have an intelligent conversation, then we can talk, but talking rationally is hard to do with some of these folks. They are extremely defensive. I shouldn't say all, just one particular individual at my office.

I was even asked yesterday by this right-wing individual if I left the previous day "frustrated". I said "people who don't know what they are talking about don't frustrate me". You mess with the bull, you get the horns, so stop talking about it with me unless you are really interested in my point of view. You got it? Good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home