Monday, November 06, 2006

Le Futbol American rots the ol' brain...

I think Earth, Wind and Fire said it best with:

Come to see, victory in a land called fantasy
Loving life, for you and me, to behold, to your soul is ecstasy
You will find, other kind, that has been in search for you
Many lives has brought you to
Recognize its your life, now in review
And as you stay for the play, fantasy, has in store for you
A glowing light will see you through

Yes, that's right. I have succombed to the phenomenon that is Fantasy Football. I am sitting here hoping that Josh Brown for the Seahawks snaps his femur while attempting a 20 yard field goal so our current rival this week, Balls Deep, will lose. Brown is their last player for the week and we are up by only three with no one playing. It's a close one and I want to jam bamboo under my fingernails right now than see the Balls franchise win. What can I say, I have a competitive spirit. But Fantasy makes you mean. I have never hoped for player injuries so much as I do now. Well, not career ending injuries just a sprain here and there that will prevent playing time. In the recent past, I just wanted my home team to win. Harmelss. Go Chiefs.

Not anymore. Now that we have several players on random teams, I have turned evil. I've never given a shit about the Eagles, ever. But since it was my idea (mostly) to pick McNabb as our starting QB, I am suddenly seeing green and white and happy TO is gone so he wouldn't shatter the confidence of my now precious QB, McNabby. I can't tell you how many times when watching Sunday football I have exclaimed "I hope he breaks his face". I'm not mean, but fantasy brings out the worst in me. I feel good when we win and lousy when we lose because of "poor coaching" or poor choices in general.

"Why didn't we play Javon Walker instead of Chad Johnson?!? AUGH!!!!"
"Because you wanted him benched"
"No, I didn't"
"Yeah, ya' did"
"Regardless, we'll still pull this out...hopefully"
"I am getting a drink"

That's basically how it went this week. If you didn't know, Javon had 3 TD's and yielded a shit load of yardage....and we had him benched as our tie-breaker. Fuck.

I guess this is why it's called gambling essentially. It's addictive and drives people to do/say/wish things about other people in poor taste. Simple. End of Story. I will be unhappy if we lose because we are 7-1 in our division, no. 1 right now in the entire league and it's corrupted my brain. I want that trophy and I'll do anything to get it...

Update: Fuck yeah. Brown got the field goal, but with our tie-breaker WALKER, we squeeked out yet another win....lovin' it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home