Thursday, October 26, 2006

Old Man Winter is an impatient bastard



Yeah, I doubted the warnings. All the hype and comparison to "Blizzard '97". Whatever! I didn't live in C. Springs then. In Boulder, we had the April blizzard of '97 that closed CU for the first time in over 10 years. THAT was a storm. So, last night when I looked out the window at midnight and didn't see a drop, I said "fuck you weather first news at 6". I didn't believe the "large-mouthed bass" amatuer weather man telling me to beware. Well, he showed me. I looked out the window at 7am and exclaimed "Holy shit, that guy was right". Limbs drooping, cars covered, wind howling. I am the amatuer. So, with work cancelled and cabin fever setting in, I might reorganize my closet or polish my andirons. What the fuck is an andiron? (It's a fireplace tool, but that's besides the point.) I feel like maybe a nostalgic viewing of The Shining is in order. Or I'll catch up on 40 hours of Oprah. Man, she's really getting full of herself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home