Thursday, March 15, 2007

THIS...is American Idol...GAHHHHHH!

Yes, I watch Idol. As ashamed as I am to say it, I do. Plus, I think Simon Cowell gets a bad rap. He's really not that "mean". He's honest and doesn't lie to the contestants. He's British, what does everyone expect? Southern hospitality? If they stunk, he'll tell them. He doesn't sugar coat his opinions with seemingly drug-induced apathy like Paula Abdul. He doesn't attach "I'm not feeling you, dog" to every sentence as punctuation like Randy Jackson. He's just authentic and not a bullshitter.

I have to say that I am extremely disappointed in the voting public. They are obviously misunderstanding that "this is a singing competition" which is the new catch phrase for this season. How anyone can listen to Sanjaya without throwing their remote at the TV is beyond me. Sure, the music is "poppy" and sometimes "cheese", but some are MORE talented than others and the voting public might as well be as tone deaf as Sanjaya himself. Perhaps he has a soft spot among the hearing impaired, who knows. I think the judges should decide who stays and who goes without giving that right to 28 million people who have screwed it up lately.

I probably won't download any songs from these people ever, but I like a fair competition. Plus, I tune in for the psuedo-homosexual-inuendo between Simon and Ryan Seacrest.

Until next time. Sanjaya, go home already.

Seacrest, out.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...other door..."

1:42 PM

 
Blogger Chas said...

psuedo homosexual? Those two are so obviously gay for each other. Paula is a nice drunk. Sanjaya should take himself out of the competition at this time. I am begining to think that America is playing a joke by keeping him in. Like "lets see how far we can take Mogli hahahaha"

3:31 PM

 
Blogger Jane said...

Oh my god,I finally jumped on the Idol bandwagon this year. Question - was that REALLY Diana Ross or did they pull some crazy drunk person off the street, put her in a showgirl dress, and instruct her to stagger around the stage? Wasn't she AWFUL?

I so agree about Sanjaya - out of the 80,000 people or whatever that auditioned, there wasn't ONE MORE GUY better than that?

9:50 PM

 
Blogger Jane said...

Oh my god,I finally jumped on the Idol bandwagon this year. Question - was that REALLY Diana Ross or did they pull some crazy drunk person off the street, put her in a showgirl dress, and instruct her to stagger around the stage? Wasn't she AWFUL?

I so agree about Sanjaya - out of the 80,000 people or whatever that auditioned, there wasn't ONE MORE GUY better than that?

9:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home